Deeders Blog

Welcome to my mind.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Romance....where did it go?

Blue eyes,
Blue waves,
Blue moon,
Blue Nun,

Memories....

My sister informed me that my niece got engaged last night. Her boyfriend of several years took her to dinner at the Space Needle and proposed, diamond ring and all. VERY romantic. How nice for them. When Sandy proposed to me, it too was romantic in a different way. We had been on an 8-day hiking trip with some other people. We were climbing the 2nd highest mountain in America; Mt. Whitney, in California. When we got to the top peak, Sandy got down on one knee and proposed. Someone took a picture and there I am, freezing, and all bundled up, looking like the picture of loveliness. I laughed about it later saying, "if he can propose to me after 8 days without a proper shower, he really must love me!". Sandy even went so far as to properly ask my father for his daughter's hand in marriage. My dad, holding back tears replied, "it's about time! I was ready to run an add in the newspaper for someone to marry her!" He was joking of course. I was 23 then and Sandy was 33. Other than the fact that Sandy is the type of husband who brings me flowers for no reason (most women I know would LOVE to have a husband like that!), I can honestly say that I don't recall any other romantic memories from Sandy in all the 19 years we have been married. There is something lacking there. Now, don't get me wrong...we have had romance and even romantic getaways that were wonderful, but it always seems to be ME that plans them. I would love some day to have a planned romantic night, one that I didn't plan myself. But for now, I can enjoy the romantic stories of my niece (congratulations, by the way) and fondly remember the past. *sigh* Oh, that reminds me...our anniversary is coming up soon..I better get to planning....(o;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home